Are there times when you see a photo and you want to recreate that look? I know the answer is YES because I feel the same way as I scroll through instagram and pinterest. The first thing to understand is that the skin type/color of the woman is probably not the same as you and therefore the look will be a little different. If you are not using the same products the makeup artist used then the look will be a little different.
This look is one that I love and I am going to share what products I use.
I start by prepping her face…. this includes using a micellar cleanser, toning, and moisturizing her face. This is an important step to ensure her makeup looks flawless.
Next I start on her eyes. The products I use are:
- Eye base – This is a primer for your eyelids and is often overlooked, but shouldn’t be!
- In the Nude eyeshadow palette – gorgeous colors, I used every color except Luxe on her look! Lightest colors are in the corner by nose and in arch of eyebrow. Darkest colors goes on the corners of her eyes.
- Little Black Dress eyeliner – this is a stunning gel eyeliner that will really make your eyes pop. It can go on upper lid in lash line and lower lid in waterline.
- Fiber Lush mascara– girl, forget out needing fake lashes! This mascara is amazing and gives you longer and thicker lashes that last all day.
I do everything except her mascara and then I apply her facial makeup. The reason I do not do the mascara yet is that I like it to be the last step; its my preference.
- Primer – If you think about your makeup like painting a wall, first you need to prime it. This evens out your skin tone, and will allow you to use less foundation and will help your foundation last all day
- Insta-smooth – this hides all your pores and fine lines before you put on your foundation. I think of it as botox in a bottle! It is a cream that fills in everything so your foundation won’t sink into any. If we continue will the wall analogy, this would be the smackle. I only use it in my “problem” areas
- Foundation – on her I used creamy natural illuminating foundation. I can also make you your own custom foundation to ensure a perfect match, but this color was ideal for her skin tone. When applying foundation I like going from the top of your face down.
- Long-wear Concealer -I use the light with pink undertone. The pink undertone covers up dark purple circles. Make sure you apply using a V pattern.
- Baby Doll blush – a pretty pink for her cheeks. Be sure to brush it all the way to your hair line.
- 3-in-1 contour kit – powders to help contour your face
- Photo finish setting powder – it has the most glorious light reflecting pigments in it to give you a flawless look in all your photos. It is like walking around and everyone sees you with a pretty filter on. I use this even when I do not do my makeup so my face looks better than it does sans makeup.
- 10 years younger setting spray – because we all want to look young and beautiful! Listen, the reason we start to look older is because our makeup creases and sinks into those fine lines and wrinkles on our face. To prevent this I spray this setting spray numerous times…. after foundation and concealer and then after powders.
Last, but not least I do her lips!
- MUAH 2 step lip treatment – exfoliation and a mask for your lips. Dry and cracked lips do not look good with lipstick on them. You want them to be smooth.
- Dusty Rose lip crayon – You need to outline your lips. It helps to prevent your lip stick from bleeding and it will allow you to give them the perfect shape.
- All day liquid lipstick – I used the color called Hopeless. I love these lipsticks because of how long they last and the beautiful colors they are.
Those are all the products I use. The reason they are all Motives is because this brand is gluten free, cruelty free, and paraben free. They use the highest quality ingredients and the pigmentation of the products is superior to other brands. Being a celiac, I have to ensure that the products I use personally and that are in my kit contain zero gluten!
If you have allergies or believe you have sensitive skin, let’s talk. Most people are sensitive to the chemicals that cosmetic companies use in their products. I would love to help you find products that will not cause irritation. I have virtual lessons and consultations available
Photography by Kimlynchauvin.com